Skip to main content

The Rocco Effect - Imagine others want the best for you

I can read minds, but I'm illiterate - Mitch Hedberg 


The Rocco Effect - Imagine others want the best for you


Is it possible to know if 'they think I'm ____'?  Their actions and words may point to one outcome, but how often have others misread your actions and words?  Is it likely that your skills outweigh theirs?  

Mind-reading is a huge problem for all of us.  We imagine what others are thinking and then react to that.  All to often we imagine that they are thinking the worst about us.  As a result we build resentment towards them and dissatisfaction with ourselves.

'They did ____ because ____', How can we know the thoughts that lead to the action?  We often don't know why we perform some of our own actions.  


Task

1. Take a mental note whenever you notice yourself mind reading (They think ____, They did that because ____)

2. Imagine others want the best for you.  Repeat positive thoughts when you see others. (They love me, They think I'm cool, They want to be my friend).

3.  After a week take a mental note of how much better you feel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy! Chinese - 1 (What's your name?/Ni jiao shenme mingzi?)

All you need to do is - watch my videos, read the comic, make and share your own video with a friend or toys.  Easy! Questions 1. What do you think the comic is about? 2. What does 'Wo Jiao _____' mean? Task Once you work out the answers.  Make a video, using the phrases learnt in this comic to introduce yourself.           Extra : Use ni jiao ____ (你叫). to introduce other                                 people. Comic 1 - Ni Jiao Shenme Mingzi? Videos Help Hello - Ni Hao What's your name? - Ni Jiao Shenme Mingzi My name is _____ - Wo Jiao ______ Goodbye - ZaiJian

Rocco Desta Comedy - My Teacher Is...

 A song about my teacher.

Easy! Phonics - Ee, Ff, Gg, Hh

Aa,Bb,Cc,Dd Easy! Reading