Skip to main content

My Key Skils

Press'CTRL' 'F' at the same time to search for a particular skill.

Communication
The secret to communication is listening twice as much as you talk. It's also important to find out what people want from the conversation and making deals with them so everyone can walk away happy.  We do this in every conversation we have. This is why some conversations can lead to a big fall out, people didn't listen and negotiate. 

I have friends from all walks of life. This is because I treat everyone with the upmost respect. I won't hesitate to fight back if wronged but my goal is always to educate the other party on their wrong doing, not to inflict needless pain just because I felt hurt. The cycle of pain makes nothing better, education does. 

I manged to negotiate a pay raise /free housing and a promotion in my last job as I bought in even more value for them, kids and parents loved me and they knew that losing me would mean losing them.


Business Awareness
I spent the last two years educating myself on businesses and what separates the good from the bad. Simply put its the staff. If everyone respects each other and goes one step beyond, because they love their job the business will thrive. If the staff dislike each other the business will suffer as it tears itself apart from the inside. That's why a good manager is so important. A managers top priority is that their staff are happy and want to come to work. Do that well and the other details will take care of themselves.  

I seek out potential problems and set measures in place to prevent problems from arising. 


Teamwork/Leadership Skills
Last December I led my team to victory. The task was to make and present a 30 minute presentation on a given teaching method.
My job wasn't to rule over everyone, my job was to unite us into a winning team and push each individual past what they ever thought was possible

So how did I accomplish this task? First I set up a group chat and encouraged to talk about fun stuff. We talked about off topic stuff until we all had something we liked about each other. That way despite arguments that would probably arise we knew our team consisted of good people that where a lot like us and a small disagreement wasn't enough to lose a friend and teammate over. After a brief discussion I set everyone the same task, to research what this teaching method was, why it might be used and how we would use it. We went our own ways and researched, we returned at night and combined our ideas and educated everyone else on any unique ideas we had. I combined them and we spent the rest of the having fun and enjoying each others company. The next morning we discus activities that would demonstrate the problem quickly to everyone, once people understand the problem they'd listen to our solution.
It wasn't all fun, in the afternoon we made a presentation, one member felt left out and she slowly gathered some members to make a new presentation. I saw this so stopped the meeting and told everyone to eat, relax and we'd discuss more later. I messaged the girl and told her I was sorry that she felt unheard and told her to talk to me if needed whilst we ate. She appreciated this and said she wanted to show her presentation I agreed that we'd look at it later and that she should rest and have fun for now. After everyone had time to rest and relax we looked at hers and everyone loved it. We agreed to use hers and tweak it until it was perfect. We practiced presenting it until early morning until everyone was happy. I made sure we all left happy by hyping everyone up and saying how great our team and our presentation was. We where the best and everyone knew it. The next day our most nervous member was picked to present it and he killed it, it was amazing and better than anyone of us had done the previous night. As a result we won.


Problem Solving
I love problem solving. I decided to tackle the biggest problem I could, depressed for fun. I have my own Facebook page (the Rocco Effect) dedicated to combating this problem and as a result I've helped myself and friends not only be happy but become even more productive than we ever thought possible. I encourage you to read it and I hope they're is something there that can help enhance your life as well. If I do manage to help you please return the favor by inviting me to an interview. 


Organisational Skills
I use to plan my own lessons when teaching. This consisted of lesson aims (the vocabulary and grammar) as well as book work and activities to keep the class fun and engaging.
I saved all my lessons and edited anything that didn't work so that future lessons where always better. 


Motivation
I'm motivated to becoming better and making the world better, by a little each day. 
I wake up read 1 chapter from a book (so I'm always learning), exercise (so I keep myself fit), take a cold shower (so I know I can face anything tough that comes my way throughout the day), work on my own projects then go for a walk. This allows me to accomplish more in the morning than many manage to do in a week. 
I don't stop with the morning I'll go to the gym, listen to self help or business podcasts, read more or try and learn a new skill throughout the day. 
Whilst working I'm always looking for ways to do my job better and learning the skills needed for promotion. 
I became a coach, senior teacher and trainer during my time at my last job. I also read 20 books, learned how to box and learned yoga and fixed my bad posture. 


Calm Under Pressure
My main reason for being stress free is my epilepsy.  Too much stress triggers a seizure.  I've been stress free for over 2 years, without medication, how? because i know how to remain calm under pressure.

I meditate, journal and exercise to keep my mind stress free.

The key to a stress free environment is prevention.  During my time in security this was done by making friends with the customers early on, joking ,giving them sweets and just being cool. Later, when drunk they remember me as a friend and respected and listened to me, when i asked them to leave.  If they didn't listen i now had the rest of the bar on my side ,ready to talk sense into them on my behalf. Teaching is similar, be fun and keep the kids happy.  If trouble arises they would listen to you as they respect you, if not their classmates usually talked to them on my behalf.

Failing prevention.
If a fight happened in the bar, I couldn't afford to get stressed and panic, everyone was relying on me, to handle the situation.  So that's what i did, i would disarm the situation and remove the trouble maker(s) from the venue.  With kids a threat of 'no stickers',' i'll tell your dad' or getting them to sit outside would quickly get them to listen again.


Confident
I'm confident because I believe in myself. I educate myself and work to gain the skills needed to tackle any task I come across.

After reading no books since high school I was confident that I would be able to read 12 books in a year. I was confident cause I knew that it would be achievable as long as I read a chapter every morning. I could.


IT Skills
I'm the tech guy for friends and family when they have a problem. I have a degree in Computer Animation with Multimedia so I've been trained well and have a higher level of It skills than the average user. I can use all of the Microsoft Office suite as well as lots of the Adobe creative suite.

I'm a fast learner and if you use any software (outside Microsoft Office /Adobe) please let me know so I can learn the basics before I start.


Thrill Seeker
I'm always looking for a new thrill. When I was younger I went camping, learned new martial arts, made and coded my own game.  As I got older I moved to China, learned the skills needed for promotion and coached and trained new teachers. I'm looking for a new thrill, I love learning and I love a challenge.


Friendly/Kind
I get on well with almost everyone I meet. I treat everyone with the upmost respect and will help whenever I can. I have a Facebook page dedicated to helping others (The Rocco Effect).


Knowledge Seeker
I'm always looking to learn new knowledge and skills. Last year I read over 20 books, learning about business, psychology, leadership and self help. I also took a trainer course, learning how to make and deliver high quality training. This year I'm working on new projects, reading new books and looking to learn new knowledge and skills from my next job.


Provide Guidance and Support
In 2018 I took a coaching course. Since then I have doubled down on helping people. I'm always there when someone needs me and I share any knowledge I find useful to my Facebook page (The Rocco Effect).
I also look out problems /potential problems and think of ways to prevent them or make things better. As a result I was able to teach a lot more, faster to my kids without any negative effects on their happiness or learning.


Planner
I like routine, this makes planning so much easier. I wake up, read, work out and take a cold shower every morning.
I use a calendar on my phone to make sure I don't forget any events I have coming up.
I also enjoy breaking big tasks down into small, easy to do, daily tasks. As a result of working on the problem a little each day I usually finish tasks a lot faster than planned. I then work on improving that task or work on something else.

Popular posts from this blog

Easy! Chinese - 1 (What's your name?/Ni jiao shenme mingzi?)

All you need to do is - watch my videos, read the comic, make and share your own video with a friend or toys.  Easy! Questions 1. What do you think the comic is about? 2. What does 'Wo Jiao _____' mean? Task Once you work out the answers.  Make a video, using the phrases learnt in this comic to introduce yourself.           Extra : Use ni jiao ____ (你叫). to introduce other                                 people. Comic 1 - Ni Jiao Shenme Mingzi? Videos Help Hello - Ni Hao What's your name? - Ni Jiao Shenme Mingzi My name is _____ - Wo Jiao ______ Goodbye - ZaiJian

Rocco Desta Comedy - My Teacher Is...

 A song about my teacher.

Easy! Phonics - Ee, Ff, Gg, Hh

Aa,Bb,Cc,Dd Easy! Reading