Skip to main content

The Rocco Effect - Take Pride In Your Job

I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples - Mother Teressa

The Rocco Effect - Take Pride In Your Job

When we feel our work is meaningless, we feel meaningless.  When we feel our work is important, we feel important. Meaning means even on bad days, you can find pride in what you're doing.

The meaning I took from previous my jobs

Security - I was protecting people.  I made sure others could enjoy their nights.  I learned how to defuse and prevent fights. 

Retail - I learned the importance of making sure customers leave happy.  I learned sales techniques. I helped make it easier for people to get what they needed.

Comics - I don't get paid for this so these are all about meaning.  I solidify my knowledge when simplifying lessons for the comics. I help others live happier lives.  1 provide a framework to help others grow. 

Task

1. What skills/knowledge have you gained whilst at your job?
2. How does your role impact others?
3. What could you do to gain more meaning from your job?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy! Chinese - 1 (What's your name?/Ni jiao shenme mingzi?)

All you need to do is - watch my videos, read the comic, make and share your own video with a friend or toys.  Easy! Questions 1. What do you think the comic is about? 2. What does 'Wo Jiao _____' mean? Task Once you work out the answers.  Make a video, using the phrases learnt in this comic to introduce yourself.           Extra : Use ni jiao ____ (你叫). to introduce other                                 people. Comic 1 - Ni Jiao Shenme Mingzi? Videos Help Hello - Ni Hao What's your name? - Ni Jiao Shenme Mingzi My name is _____ - Wo Jiao ______ Goodbye - ZaiJian

Rocco Desta Comedy - My Teacher Is...

 A song about my teacher.

Easy! Phonics - Ee, Ff, Gg, Hh

Aa,Bb,Cc,Dd Easy! Reading